Thursday, September 06, 2007

Jam Sessions

Jam Sessions is coming out Sept 11th on the Nintendo DS.

I'm very stoked.

As some of you may know, I would very much like to play guitar. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or motivation to progress beyond anything super basic.

Jam Sessions is my cure.

I've got it pre-ordered from GameStop, but I recently discovered that if you get it from BestBuy you get 3 extra songs... good songs too!

The standard track list is as follows (from 1up.com):

* Beck - Jackass
* Blind Melon - No Rain
* Johnny Cash - I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know
* Cheap Trick - Surrender
* Coldplay - Yellow
* Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark
* Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
* The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
* Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?
* Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
* Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee
* Avril Lavigne - I'm With You
* Bob Marley - No Woman, No Cry
* Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
* Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway
* James Taylor - How Sweet it Is (To be Loved by You)
* Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good

And the BestBuy additional tracks are:

* Jimi Hendrix - Wild Thing
* Brad Paisley - I'm Gonna Miss Her
* Tom Petty - Needles and Pins

Now GameStop purchases come with a 1 year subscription to Spin magazine, but who cares? I need to rock out some Hendrix.

1up.com has a ton of info on Jam Sessions including articles and videos. Taking Back Sunday even has a go at it playing one of their songs electro-acousticly.

You can get more info on the official page at Ubisoft.

I'd like to conclude with <school-girl-squeal>EEP!</school-girl-squeal>

No comments: